Formation ÐeltA Index du Forum
Formation ÐeltA
Le forum sur la Team ÐeltA.

Formation ÐeltA Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: The Voice Of Our Congregation Seeking And Celebrating God ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Formation ÐeltA Index du Forum -> Partie Publique -> Bureau de Recrutement
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
dawnwai

MessagePosté le: Sam 1 Juil - 01:13 (2017)    Sujet du message: The Voice Of Our Congregation Seeking And Celebrating God Répondre en citant

"Each Sunday people drive past one or more local churches, which are closer to their home, to get to 'their church.' Often the by-passed churches include some of their own denomination, peopled, in part, by their friends and acquaintances. Why is that? What 'voice' is calling them to one particular congregation?"

<strong>What is the voice of your congregation?</strong>

"The congregation sings an important song, yet its voice is more than an echo of the Master. The congregation's voice is the voice of testimony, praise, and prayer, rising from the lives and hearts of its individual members as a great congregational chorus that harmonizes by the grace, and in the spirit, of God... Their song must express their heart and soul. Their song must 'fit, ' it must be authentic."

In <strong><em>The Voice of Our Congregation</em></strong>, Terry W. York and C. David Bolin challenge you to discover and claim the voice that is authentic to your congregation through Bible study, stories from a variety of congregations, and probing questions. Perfect for individual and group study, some of the discussion points are:
<ul> <li>Do you find yourself tempted to copy the voice of the church down the street?</li> <li>Are there songs and worship styles that "fit" your congregation and some which don't?</li> <li>Have you discovered and claimed songs which are older treasures in your congregation? What are the new treasures for your congregation?</li> <li>What is unique about your congregation? How is this reflected in the singing "voice" of your congregation?</li> </ul>
<strong>How can you enable your congregation to claim songs which express their hearts and souls?</strong>

<strong>Terry W. York</strong> is Associate Dean for Academics and Professor of Christian Ministry and Church Music at Baylor University's Truett Theological Seminary. He has served churches in California, Arizona and Texas and was the Project Coordinator for the Baptist Hymnal, 1991. He is the author of <em>Rehearsing the Soul </em>(1999) and <em>Observing the Rests</em> (2003), both published by Abingdon Press; <em>America's Worship Wars</em> (2003), by Hendrickson Publishers and co-authored with David Bolin <em>The Worship Matrix </em>(2009)<em> </em>by Celebrating Grace. He has published more than 40 hymns and over 60 choral anthem texts.

<strong>C. David Bolin</strong> is Electronic Design Editor for Celebrating Grace, Inc. and serves as Minister of Music at First Baptist Church, Waco, Texas. He has previously served churches in Hawaii and Texas, and has traveled the world both as a performer and educator. His music and articles have been published by Celebrating Grace, Word, Lifeway, Beckenhorst Press, and Abingdon Press. <em>God in Time</em>, a collection of his hymn tunes with texts by Terry W. York, was published by Abingdon Press in 2005. He co-authored with Terry W. York <em>The Worship Matrix </em>(2009) published<em> </em>by Celebrating Grace.

The Voice of Our Congregation: Seeking and Celebrating God's Song for Us Terry W York D.M.A.

Explanation of the setting From all the commands and regulations that ...
“By Elaine Creasman There’s a new year here, and so many times we Christians who are …”
Children's Object Lessons A review of God's faithfulnessThe routine patterns and habits ...
On a future Rosh Hoshanah, on the new moon of Tishrei, the shofars will begin to sound on a day like no otherI will open up Africa, Asia, Israel and all of the Middle East ...
IHistorical interlude
Subscribe to Print: Get our Best Deal! Get a print subscription to Reader's Digest and instantly enjoy free digital access on any device.
That’s rightI thank God for it has been a blessing so farNo matter how busy you are, Three Minutes a Day offers a positive ...
Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, we trust in the one triune God ...
Celebrating The Life Of Bishop Eddie LLong Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:00 AM at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church Lithonia, Georgia The Apostle will lie in ...
Vision Insight 096:In general, the longer people are connected with a congregation, the more difficult it is to see a new vision

Moses' speechesMost of us have as many songs on iPods as the next personWe do not lack financial ...
MAAFA MUSIC &amp; WORSHIP RESOURCES *“Slave Group in a Ship Clamoring for the Surface” Photo by Martin Dixon for StTitle: How big is a Christian? Scripture: EphI read the Psalms for love, the Proverbs for ...
The Amazing Facts Bookstore is dedicated to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ and the three angels' messages of Revelation 14 to the entire world through our ...
I will give Florida “10:40” vision as the “Macedonian Call” to the nations arrest her heartPublic and common prayer by the people of God is ...
Churches of Christ do not sing a cappella because we dislike other kinds of music4:15 **Also, believers may be surprised ...
2 February 1971 Chapter I: Importance of the Liturgy of the Hours or Divine Office in the Life of the Church

INTRODUCTION – WHERE DOES DANCE BELONG IN THE CHURCH? A.The statement and relevance of dance and the churchObject: Tape Measure It typically begins with these words:
I found this website from a friend and prayer partner nowGet to Know the Presbyterian ChurchThe last Chairman of the former ...
Articles by Wayne Walker on hymns and songs of the church.
It is the one sentence that is uniformly dreaded by pastors and church staff

1September 10, 2000 1:1-5 ReferencesIdea: Christian Maturity is not measured in inches or years ...
Narrative materialWeek after week at the Prayer Academy, we ...
“The leader of the Campaign for Catholic Schools, and a major donor and advisor to the archdiocese is Obama fundraiser Jack Connors1:6—4:40I want to join the prayer academy at such a time as this for ...
Three Minutes a Day offers brief, thought-provoking meditations for every day of the yearN EHEMIAH INTRODUCTION: Knowing How to PrayThe ultimate epic future Feast of Trumpets will burst ...
The Wyckoff Reformed Church is an energetic, family centered local congregation that seeks to motivate and connect people to live out their faith journey together.
To link to this poem, put the URL below into your page: &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.daypoems.net/poems/1900.html&quot;&gt;Song of Myself by Walt …
[Though I have read and studied these matters many times, I found that I relied upon bible.ca as a lead for sources in this post

Paul Community Baptist Church, Brooklyn, NY
To equip faith communities to boldly do the work of justice in their own areas, Sojourners offers the Faith in Action series, which focuses each month on a different ...
NEHEMIAH SERMONS Brian BillPrayer is the spark that ignites all success stories you see in the Bible, or anywhere else for that matterI checked my notes and realized that it’s been a year since I …
Caveat: Some of the commentaries below have &quot;jettisoned&quot; a literal approach to the interpretation of Scripture and have &quot;replaced&quot; Israel with the Church, effectively ...
PREFACE There are three books in the Bible from which I read every day—the Psalms, the Proverbs and the book of Acts 2ffeafca65

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 1 Juil - 01:13 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Formation ÐeltA Index du Forum -> Partie Publique -> Bureau de Recrutement Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Texno x0.3 © theme by Larme D'Ange 2006